BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.
Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble,
Fat turkeys Fat turkeys,
Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble,
Fat turkeys are we
We're not made for living
We're made for Thanksgiving :)
Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble
Fat turkeys our we!
We had the sweetest and funnest Thanksgiving. The dinner including the turkey turned out. We even made Grandma Vickie's fudge -- which tasted great, but didn't have quite the right look. It's been a Balaich tradition to make turkeys with gumdrops and apples since I can remember. So I was prepared to carry out the tradition even though we traveled half way across the country. :) We forgot the apples, so we had to improvise with making the turkeys. We all watched "A Mickey's Christmas Carol" and "Pluto's Christmas Tree" together. Then we napped and napped. We topped off the day with a few rounds of our favorite game...hide-and-go-seek. Jack loved to see dad hiding under the pillows of the couch. He was obviously confused about why that was happening, but he could tell that we were playing.
The main thing I really missed was Grandma Vickie's chips and salsa. I was definitely bummed out that evening, as I had a craving for it.
On a much more serious note:
We did feel very thankful for the many blessings which have been poured out upon us. I felt amazingly thankful that we have had 7 years of marriage in so much safety. Less than a month after we were married the twin towers were destroyed. I never would have dreamed that this much time would go by-- that we could just live out a normal life. I am so thankful that our society is still intact!
I'm so thankful for our great nation. I feel as though my heart will burst at the thought. What a great beginning America had. The goodness of the people who crossed the sea to come here is something that I have deep admiration for. With each passing day my loyalty and pride for this nation becomes more and more intense. I love the United States of America.
This country has always been a light to the world. The constitution, and the economic system contained in it, wss created by God. The law of this land has given more freedom to man than any other place on earth. What a glorious thing -- man has had the freedom to choose whom he will serve. To quote Michel Medved... "This is the greatest nation on God's green earth!" I am so grateful that I can choose what I will do in this holy land. Oh! How much more that means to me now as God has corrected us, and guided us to change our ways.
I've come to an understanding (and it's small) that causes my whole soul to burn at the thought of the miracle that is the law of this land. I am grateful that God sent the great prophet Ezra Taft Benson, whom I am indebted to. It has largely been his teachings that have led me to recognize America for what it truly is. I thank my Father in Heaven for allowing a soul as rebellious and proud as mine to be led to the teachings of His prophet.
My mind is turned to those who are in need in this land and in others. How many countless people are without, suffering, and starving. How awesome a privilege it is, that for the most part, I am still able to choose to relieve their sufferings, rather than be forced to do so. That I can govern myself, and God will hold me accountable for how willing I was to do so. I am thankful that God has forgiven me time and again as I've grown in my understanding of that great commandment. I feel a great weight to be much better. I know that the freedom that God created in this land was no accident, it is the carrying out of His very plan in Heaven. The law of the United States of America is glorious. I am so thankful for his endless mercy towards me and my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved the pictures. All the kids are getting so big, but especially Jack. What a bunch of cuties! I like the roll and gumbdrop turkeys! What a fun tradition. Miss you guys!
Great thoughts, April! You said so well what so many of us feel. It looks like you had a wonderful day. It is definitely different when there are only 5 compared to the many you are used to. I feel the same way. Carry on the traditions. We are still(probably for months) eating leftovers. LOVE THE PICTURES of you guys!!!!
Truly moving sentiments, April. Beautiful images of beautiful children. My favorite is of kids looking through oven window with great anticipation. It is an award winner! -Granddad
Post a Comment