
We didn't tell the kids that Tu Tu and Bompa were coming to see them. We told them there was going to be a surprise on the bottom mattress of their bunkbed in the morning. They were surprised and frankly a little confused. We had so much fun having my parents over a couple of weekends ago. We showed them around Nacogdoches in the winter. It's definitely a different place around here in the winter. Cloudy, barren, and an unusual absence of cockroaches. My mom had the opportunity of a free plane ticket and my dad decided to come along. We loved it. My mom did kill a cockroach for me, whew lucky she was there to get him. They went to church with us and that was neat. We played at our amazing castle park here in Texas and went to a Nacogdoches museum. We heard a phonograph play which was amazing that it still worked and that it used no electricity. We played games and my dad even joined in Go Fish. :) I'm glad we took lots of pictures. Even though our new camera takes horrible pictures in low light. I can't figure it out.
Judy got to have Tu Tu walk her into school Monday morning. My favorite part was my dad leaning over the bunk bed for an hour reciting Lewis Carroll, Little Thomas, and singing 'We all live in a Yellow Submarine' before the kids went to bed. Who knew Dad had Little Thomas memorized? When did he do that? hmmmm interesting. It's one of those things I guess. Strangely enough I still have Little Thomas memorized, and I never practice it. The only time I heard it over the last 10 years was from Aunt Suzie reciting it on Christmas Eve. Somehow it got deeply etched into my brain.
Anyway, we loved loved having our grandparents over and I cried when they left.
3 comments:
What a GREAT picture! I am sure that Judy, Paul and Jack loved having them there. Your mom and dad are amazing people. I miss them too!!!!!!! What did they think of Nacogdoches?
Great picture!!
How are you guys? We are well...we think of you often!
APRIL!! I TOTALLY remember you and that dumb painting class. Needless to say I have not done much painting since. Like none at all. Looks like you have the curse of the two boys close together with the bossy big sister too. Maybe your kids are nice an good and don't have a life mission to completely destroy the house.
My daughter's in kindergarten also. I'm such a mean mom I can't wait for them all to be in school all day and I hope the world doesn't come to an end before that to cheat me out of my six hours alone every day. Yeah--I'm still selfish, just worse now. ;) Just once in a while don't you think it would be great to be in high school again--only to take the fun classes with the fun people? And that would NOT include childen development. Tat class was one big lie. ;)
Post a Comment