October 10, 2008

Hurrican Ike Around Our Yard

Progress photo-taking it out a bit at a time:

No Damage to any house or to any one. But a mess to clean up, still we count our blessings: the wind was blowing east to west most of the time and our house faces south so tress pretty much fell paralell with the house. Picture below is of our west side neighbor's back yard. Good size tree takes up about half his back yard. Notice the fence at bottom right, it is flat on the ground. The neighbor let me use his chain saw to remove the tree from his yard. The missionaries have been helping us remove the root system--chalking down that service, meanwhile I drag our neighbors over to meet the Elders!










Took out the west fence, nearly hitting the neighbor's house




Got lucky on this one. The tree is pretty, but it must GO! GO!! GO!!! No damage to roof. Neighbors Aaron and Tina and son Ryan helped remove it just after the storm passed. They also helped everyone around the neighborhood!













4 comments:

Amber said...

I would cut down all the trees around my house. It looks like they can be scary in big windy storms.

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

i know, it is so hard to do though. especially sinc ethe trees are all around the house and power lines, you can't just cut them down and they cost about $1000 per tree to have an independant co do it....but they must go.

Amy said...

Wow. I've been kinda wanting to experience a little bit of hurricane in Florida all season long... guess I'm really glad I never did, eh? Hmmmm.

Kirk Strickland said...

Brings new meaning to the term "Early Fall." Nice dodge of flying debris. Don't ever be outside walking around in that!