August 25, 2008

Judy's First Day of School!!!

She really liked it. She said the food was yummy. Her teacher is good. Ms Ashley. April and I can track her behavior as monitored by Ms Ashley each day by looking at a calendar Judy keeps with her. If there is a green stamp she was good. Red stamp means, you guessed it, not so good. Her first day she got a green stamp. There was one kid who got a red stamp and had to sit out of one recess. Judy talked to us about it. She said she will never get a red stamp...we'll see. Her school is cute. Called Raguet Elementary Pre K - 5th. They have middle schools out here. I didn't get to see her off cause of work, but I left early to see her home.

April enjoyed her day with Paul and Jack. April said she couldn't hold back the tears when she let Judy go to her class. And I had a hard time at work knowing that I will not know how my baby girl is until school is over. April told me that Paul kept asking if Judy was OK, if she had food to eat, and when she was coming home. He said he wanted to play with Judy. April told him he could play with Jack. And Paul said, no, I'll just play with you.

Raguet holds the kindergartners all day. 8:15am - 3:20pm. A little much in my opinion for a little kid. The wait to pick her up (we take her to school) was about 30 min. Lots of cars on a skinny road. And the school buses were all messed up--first day bloopers--only mom understands fully. I couldn't stand the wait in the car, so I got out and verified my ID with the Kid Letting Out Patrol and took Judy to the van, and we drove off. Her sweet backpack is as big as she is!! When she saw me she came running!! It was sooo cute. She had a good day and was very tired after school.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Time goes by so fast. I know that Judy was so excited to go to school. I'm excited for her.

Ireland Family said...

How fun for Judy! Thing is, I still cried when I took Connor to his first day of 3rd grade...you would think that by now I would be good at it :) I don't know what will happen when I take my "baby" to school for his first day.